…Under These 5 Conditions
Ever since the index case of the novel coronavirus was recorded in Nigeria in late February, President Muhammadu Buhari had begun to take proactive efforts to curb the spread and ensure the safety of the masses.
As part of those precautionary measures, President Muhammadu Buhari had imposed a compulsory shutdown of all schools and tertiary institutions in the country so as to prevent the spread of the virus in the country.
Now, it has been over 100 days since all schools have been shutdown and students have been sitting idle doing nothing at home.
The Nigerian Federal Government promised we (students) that while we will be sitting at home, E-Learning will be introduced so as to keep our memories fresh on what we were being taught in school before all educational activities were suspended in the country.
But, it seems all effort to make the E-Learning work has proved abortive, this is because there is no sufficient power supply which can be used to power our Tv and radios whenever lectures are being done on them.
WAEC students and FINAL YEAR students need to take their final exams so as to avoid further delay in their progress.
These are instances to prove that reopening of all secondary schools and tertiary institutions in Nigeria is very essential and should be done on Monday, the 6th of July 2020.
But there should be conditions given to these churches and mosques before they can reopen, and these conditions are:
1. All schools must create a space to be used as an isolation centre. This is essential so that, whenever a student shows the signs or symptoms of coronavirus, they would be moved to the isolation centre so as prevent the spread of the virus among the students.
2. Use of face mask should be made compulsory for all students and they must have a portable hand sanitizer in their bags.
3. All School premises should be sanitized in every 5-hour interval. This will be effective in killing all leftover viruses on surfaces or in air.
4. A portable hand washing equipment must be made available in front of every classrooms and hall. This is essential so that, students will be able to wash their hands before entering and after leaving the classroom or hall.
5. Social distancing should be made compulsory in the classroom, during lectures and on the assembly ground.
What is your opinion on this? Do you agree that all schools and institutions should be reopened on the 6th of July? Or do you have a contrary opinion? Let us know in the comments section.
Please, always maintain social distance, wear your face masks, wash your hands regularly with sanitizer for prevention is better than cure.